Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Why we don't do a Fall Festival

I have had about 30 requests to do a Fall Festival this year and here are the top 10 reasons KidZone does not sponsor a Fall Festival or Trunk or Treat.

1. There about 100 churches in the valley doing something.
2. Being on top of the mountain it could be a very chilly and windy night.
3. The vast majority of our events are geared towards bringing the parents and children back together in some positive ways.
4. As a staff we have been discussing moving towards a more simple church, less event-driven model. We are looking to trim down not add on more events.
5. We do a Christmas choir, an Easter egg hunt, a father-daughter banquet, a lock-in, a mother-son event, a grand-prix, children's basketball league and summer camp along with VBS. Enough!
6. It's one holiday I can just be dad and not Pastor Marty to my own children.
7. We do a huge carnival and spend buckoo bucks every summer as a climax to VBS. We would have to take money away from that and try to do two. Why?
8. Some people like to do an outreach in their own neighborhoods.
9. We do a fall festival for our preschool - don't want to plan two.
10. Because I don't want too!






Patsy at a fall fair we did in 1995

3 comments:

Calvary Kids said...

I just found your blog. I put a link to this entry on my blog today as I talked about the same subject! Thanks for the good thoughts.

mmartin said...

Cool. Glad it was helpful.

Kellie Huffman said...

I'm here because of christy, and like I told her, i am so glad to find like-minded christians. I wrote and filmed a rant which they accually played sunday morning. went well but i am not relaxing yet. here it is if you are interested.
http://redplaidtime.blogspot.com/