What a great fun time we had
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
David is my little brother and some times naughty but loveable.
He’s not vary tall kind of round. His vocabulary is all ways growing. He has brown hair and brown eyes a bit of a brownie.
David is stubborn he just refuses to do what you tell him. After he had a sucker he feels sticky he taste sticky he looks sticky he smells sticky.
Although he is loud, chaotic and a bit of a pain I love him all the same.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
We have had Brendan in our home since last February, and we had secretly hoped and prayed my sister and her family would be able to adopt him. They really wanted to. In the end they still feel that God may be calling them to open their home to another child. We feel peace that God has Brendan in His perfect hands, but it is still sad to think we may not see him again this side of heaven!
BTW - Bubba is our nickname for him.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
No one governing from the center would attempt to pull this sort of power grab.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
- 2nd year activities are always bigger if the first year is successful
- We have a digital sign on Orange Ave. that we advertised on
- We did not do this event on Halloween so people could do this and be in their neighborhoods.
Next year I would like to provide families with full color hand-outs to give their neighbors during trick or treat which highlights our children's ministry at Parkway.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
reasons why I am not cool anymore.
I admit it I am not even aware of what people use in place of cool today. Our student ministries pastor tells me it could be the word light. So perhaps the top 10 reasons I am not light would be a better title. But then the list would be populated with things like Oreos, popcorn and fried food.
10. I have a cheap MP3 player and not an ipod
9. My hairstyle is called “wash-n-wear”
8. Been there done that
7. My primary shopping destination is Walmart
6. My shoe brand is Dr. Scholls (bet you didn’t know they made shoes!)
5. I prefer to be in bed by 10:00 p.m.
4. I like music from the 1980s and 90s and can’t really tell you who is in the top 10 right now
3. While I may look better in contacts glasses are so much easier for me so comfort over style
2. I don’t own a Mac
1. I really don't want to be cool anymore. Maybe I am cool though becasue I dont' care!
No one won the $5 Starbucks card for getting this one right. Nice guesses though!
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Blake - 3 Stars "It was interesting, engaging, mystifying and made you wonder what was going to happen next.
Tanner - 5 stars "I was on the edge of my seat to find out what was going to happen.
Marty - 3.5 stars "A good book, but there were times I was concerned if the author was making a statement about faith in chiding the 'believers' or does she have a greater purpose for them in the second book?
Patsy - 3.5 stars "The development of the characters was a little disappointing, but it still kept me interested."
Monday, October 06, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
10. Assateague National Seashore - camping on the beach was so fun
9. Shenandoah National Park - so close to Roanoke and no here has ever been. Beautiful views and where I spotted my first bear.
8. Mt. Rainer National Park - my wife though it was a little too high up
7. Sequoia National Park - Really big trees
6. Smoky Mountains National Park - Nature and really old churches and graveyards
5. Glacier National Park - huge snow walls in June and crystal clear lakes
4. Badlands National Park - very unusual formations
3. Yosemite National Park - if you ever been no need to ask
2. Yellowstone National Park - the grandaddy with huge amounts of wildlife
1. Yes it is Grand Canyon National Park!
Rachel will have to wait a couple of years to claim her prize!
Sorry Becky but all prizes are non-transferrable. Read the fine print!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Honorable mention - Gale Sayers, Dan Hapmton, David Robinson, Reggie White, Tom Laandry, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, Robin Ventura, Mark Beuhrle and Rick Sutlcliffe.
No winners this week -sorry
Monday, September 15, 2008
My sister Becky and her family came in for a week and we all took advantage of home school days at Colonial Williamsburg - cheap tickets!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
10. Destroyed in Seconds - who doesn't like to see things get blown up?
9. McBride - a show from the Hallmark channel? I could me a metro-sexual after all!
8. Flip that house - 2nd career anyone?
7. Law and Order of Criminal Intent - not as good since it moved over to USA, but looking forward to Jeff Godlbloom joining the cast.
6. Heroes - Hiro is my hero but Skyler creeps me out
5. Mythbusters -Adam and Jaimie make feel like it is cool to be a nerd!
4. The Closer - Kyra Sedgwick and company keep you riveted every show.
3. Monk - We all have a little OCD in us!
2. Chuck - once again nerds are cool and rule!
1. Psych - I love the Guster
Give it your best shot for a thick chocolate frosty! Had a reqeust for a hint - How about ebony and ivory. The winner is Ken and or Judy Davis
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Blake got a stop-motion animation kit for his 11th birthday and has been playing around with it ever since learning how to make better movies each time. He lately has been using this character bob (Blake has an aversion for capital letters) in putting him in his short films. See bob in movie and bob in spiders. Blake and Tanner hope to become film makers some day. They already have some shows planned like Blake and Tanner, Karate Masters and Ripmon. Don't ask me to go into what they are all about! Anyhow, maybe we have the start of something here!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
With school starting back up and education on everyone's mind I thought it would be a great idea to post this video produced by Kidology as reminder that as important as education is, there are deeper issues in a child's life with infinite more importance attached to them. Remember everyone we are in this for eternity's sake!