Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

Our Cubbies


I have officially decided what I would do if I could travel back in time. I would go to the year 1945 and ring that sinking goat's neck before his owner tried to sneak him into Wrigley Field. Who brings a goat into a major league baseball stadium anyhow? I first became a fan of the Cubs in 1984, the first year they broke my heart. I can remember very starting player that year: Jody Davis, Leon Durham, Ryne Sandberg, Larry Bowa, Ron Cey, Keith Moreland, Bobby Dernier, Gary Matthews, Rick Sutcliffe, Dennis Eckersley, Steve Trout, Scott Sanderson and Lee Smith!


They broke my heart again in 1989, 1998, 2003 (5 more outs!) and 2007. But this year could be the worst. Six players with 20 or more home runs, solid pitching from the top five starters, middle relief and the closer and a wonderful bench. UUUGH.


Go BEARS!!!

No comments: