Pages

Friday, January 09, 2009

New books reviewed


This past fall I read two different books with the older boys that I thought would be fun to review with them. First we read the classic Black Beauty by Anna Sewell.



Tanner - 3 1/2 stars - it was a little exciting




Blake - 2 1/2 stars you kept wondering what was going to happen next but then it went on and on



Marty - 2 1/2 stars - this book was written quite along while ago and lags in action. Girls who love horses may enjoy it more than boys. It does have a fair amount of moral teaching in the story.


The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien was the second book we read. This was the fourth time for me to read it.




Patsy - 5 stars - for boys are age it is a great book. Lots of action, great characters, interesting plot. It is a commitment of time to read through.


Blake - 4 stars - its got action, adventure, mystery and comedy. Everything a good book requires.


Tanner - 4 1/2 - everything Blake said!



Marty - 5 stars - what can I say? I loved this book as a junior high student and I loved reading it to my oldest sons.

No comments: