10. Tom Waddle - never a big numbers guy, but this Bears receiver had heart and guts
9. Michael Jordan - Greatest NBA star but weak on the character side
8. Brian Urlacher - I love his intensity and sense of humor, but his choice of Paris slides him down this list
7. Scottie Pippen - Handled the term side kick so well and played great defense
6. Derrek Lee - just a class act who can hit and play first base as well as anyone
5. Mike Singletary - Samurai Mike is a strong believer
4. Mike Ditka - I know Da Coach is a caricature of himself but he is Da Coach and he was a great tight end. He played and coached with everything in him.
3. Andre Dawson - why the Hawk is not in the hall of fame is a mystery, but he was so talented and is such a great guy.
2. Ryne Sandberg - Ryno played the game with dignity and is my generation's Mr. Cub
1. Walter Payton - Sweetness was no bigger than me yet he retired the number one rusher of all time and he never dodged a tackle by runnign out of bounds. I cried when he died - ask my wife.
Honorable mention - Gale Sayers, Dan Hapmton, David Robinson, Reggie White, Tom Laandry, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, Robin Ventura, Mark Beuhrle and Rick Sutlcliffe.
No winners this week -sorry